Bob Costas steps as much as the plate to advertise book highlighting Buffalo’s baseball historical past
Famous sports caster participating in the virtual launch of ‘The Seasons of Buffalo Baseball 1857-2020’ on Tuesday.
BUFFALO, NY – Three years later, a book about Queen City’s 163-year love affair with baseball will hit the table.
“The Seasons of Buffalo Baseball 1857-2020” is released Tuesday with the help of one of the most popular sports in the country.
Bob Costas will attend the beginning of the 90-minute live virtual broadcast.
“When my father wrote The 100 Seasons of Buffalo Bison Baseball in 1985, it sparked widespread interest in the team’s history,” said book editor James Overfield. “His plan has always been to write an update, but unfortunately he passed 2000 before he achieved that goal. After going through his boxes of notes and memorabilia on the subject, I decided to take up my father’s challenge in editing and writing books. The publication of this book is truly the culmination of my father’s dream and my homage to him and his passion for buffalo baseball. “
Former voice of the bison, member of the Buffalo Baseball Hall of Fame and now voice of the NHL’s Nashville Predators, Pete Weber, along with his former Buffalo broadcast partner and now voice of the Pittsburg Pirates, Greg Brown, will co-host the event.
Buffalo and baseball are a perfect match, according to Costas. “Buffalo baseball has a rich history and is well documented in The Seasons of Buffalo Baseball,” said Costas of his California home studio for the Major League Baseball Network. “I look forward to speaking to Pete Weber about part of this story.” Greg Brown and Launch Presenter Mike Billoni during the launch event on Tuesday. “
The 400-page hardcover book is available from the following retailers:
- Made in America Stores 1000 West Maple Ct., Elma, Transitstrasse 6041, Depew, 3701 McKinley Mall, Hamburg.
- The BFLO stores, 130 Main Street (in the lobby of the Ralph C. Wilson Children’s Museum Explore & More), Eastern Hills, McKinley, Galleria and Boulevard shopping centers.
- The Buffalo History Museum, One Museum Ct., Buffalo.
- The Bookworm & BW Gifts, 34 Elm St., East Aurora
- Bases Loaded Sports Collectables, 794 French Road, Cheektowaga
- Riverside men’s shop and S&E jewelers, 6470 Transit Road, Depew
- Olde Editions bookstore & gallery954 Oliver St., North Tonawanda
- Dog Ears Bookstore & Café, 688 Abbott Road, Buffalo
- Talking Leaves bookstore951 Elmwood Ave. Buffalo
- The Buffalo Holistic Center, 39 Delaware Road, Kenmore
- Native Pride Travel Plaza convenience store, 11359 Southwestern Blvd, Irving
- Thin ice, 719 Elmwood Ave.
- Buffalo and Niagara Frontier Publications1859 Whitehaven Road, Grand Island.
The book can also be ordered online from Buffalo Bisons.