All About Angola News

What are the US Visas Available for My Thai Partner?

Sep 11

If you're planning to marry a Thai citizen, you must know which type of US visa you'll need. Luckily, there are several options. You can apply for a K-1 Tourist Visa for your Thai partner or a K-3 Marriage Visa. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Read on to learn more about your options.


US Tourist Visa for Thai Fiancee

If your fiancee is living in Thailand, you may be able to obtain a US Tourist Visa for her. In order to get one, you need to apply through USCIS. Make sure that your petition is submitted in the correct manner and meets the certification requirements. Any errors or incomplete documents will cause a delay. Consult with immigration lawyers if you are unsure how to proceed.

Before applying for a US Tourist Visa for Thai Fiancee, you should consider the length of time that you plan to stay in the US. For the first time, a period of three to four weeks is ideal. If you plan to spend more than a few weeks, you will need to submit hotel reservations.

If you plan to marry your Thai fiance in the U.S., you may also be able to get her a marriage visa. It is a legal process that will allow your Thai fiance to legally marry you in the U.S. After marriage, she can apply for an immigration visa to stay in the US.


K-1 Visa for Thai Fiancee

If you and your Thai fiancee decide to go on a K-1 visa trip, it is crucial that the documents you provide are correct. Before you go on your trip, it is necessary to prepare a list of the documents you must submit to the US Embassy and Consulate. It is highly recommended that you hire a professional lawyer to help you with this process. They will be able to prepare your documents, obtain a police clearance certificate, conduct medical exams, and prepare you for an interview.

The K-1 Visa for Thai Fiancee is a 90-day, single-entry visa that allows your Thai fiancee to marry an American citizen and live in the United States. Once the visa expires, the Thai fiancee must return to her home country.


K-3 Visa for Thai Partner

If you are a US citizen who is in love with a Thai partner, you may be eligible to obtain a K-3 Visa for your Thai partner. This visa allows your Thai partner to come to the US for up to two years and then apply for a green card. It is a non-immigrant visa and requires you to meet specific financial requirements. You may hire an immigration lawyer in Bangkok to help you complete the application.

The first step in applying for a K-3 visa is to disclose whether or not you used a marriage broker. While this does not disqualify your Thai partner, you will need to disclose a criminal history to the Embassy. Your spouse will be informed of this information during the interview.